Thursday, December 24, 2009

Lamb recipes for a 8-9 month old baby?

Ok, I make all my sons baby food- he has had chicken, pasta and rice, most vegies, fruits, vanilla baby yogurt, custard, oats, toast, and I am wanting to start him on lamb mince.





I need some easy and tastey ideas on how to cook it. I was thinking rice and mince, some vegies, aand some sort of sauce- but are there any ideas on the best way to cook it? eg boil it or make it like a casserol? What can you suggest? please help? dont forget the ingredience need to be for a 8-9 month old baby


Thanks in advanceLamb recipes for a 8-9 month old baby?
I was suggest cooking it in a slow cooker like a stew. This way the meat is very tender and you can also control what spices/ingredients you put in it. My husband just made an excellent stew with lamb last night actually! Fried a little onion in oil, added spices (he used garlic, cumin, turmeric and bay leaves) added couple tablespoons tomato puree, add meat, add water to cover and cook for at least three hours. You can add potatoes, carrots and turnip or really whatever vegetables you like.


Hope you find something. Good luck!Lamb recipes for a 8-9 month old baby?
You could either boil a lamb shank or use the family roast or lamb chops. Then cook potato, pumpkin, peas, carrots (use some or all) and blend together. Use the family gravy or otherwise nothing to start with. Later on you can add a little mint. If you wish you can blend meat and vegies separately. I would go for lamb done this way instead of mince (mince can contain other meats and preservatives).
My eight month old son likes this lamb recipe. I cook chopped up lamb, rice, diced red potato and a few other veggies along with a combination of whole spice (cinnamon stick with mace or bay leaf and whole coriander), spring onion and beef or lamb broth. I have to either puree it or mash it with potato masher for my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment