Sunday, December 20, 2009

I need some nice lamb recipes . . . ?

I don't really like lamb, its not my favourite meat. My boyfriend does like it so I'd like to cook it in a way I can eat it - as long as it is tender and not fatty (its the taste of lamb fat I'm not keen on) I would eat it.


He cooks it for me sometimes, well seasoned (he's west indian) and I will eat it like that.


But I wanted a selection of receipes to try out, anyone got any good ones?I need some nice lamb recipes . . . ?
This is nice, very flavourful and visually appealing.





Get your butcher to get a best end(or rack) of lamb for you, and get him/her to remove the bones so you are just left with a chain or fillet. season this with salt and pepper, and brown it off in a very hot pan to give a good deep brown colour. put to one side.





Cook down some spinach with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Allow to cool, before placing in a clean towel and squeeze most of the liquid out of it. run the spinach in a clean line over the top of your fillet of lamb.





You then wrap the whole thing up in parma ham, and roast it in a hot oven for 15 minutes. You get nice crispy parma ham on the outside, the green of the spinach, and the pink of the lamb - lovely.





Try serving it with some creamed potatoes and roasted shallot red wine gravy and veg of your choice. Email me if you want further hints and tips regarding the sauce or anything else.





CheersI need some nice lamb recipes . . . ?
Cut the lamb in small cubes, like for beef stew. If you let the lamb soak in cold water for 5 min then rinse. Do this several times until the blood doesn't come out any more (drain). Then soak it in yogurt for 30 min in the refrig. When you cook it, it will almost taste like beef. Report Abuse

oo spread some dijon mustard all over it ! be genorous !
Try these:





http://southernfood.about.com/od/lambrec鈥?/a>





http://lamb-recipes.epicurean.com/asc_re鈥?/a>





http://www.americanlambboard.org/





This one has a ton!





http://www.recipehound.com/Recipes/lamb.鈥?/a>





Good Luck!
marinate it in Italian dressing over night in the fridge.
For a lamb roast, prick some holes in it and stuff the holes with slithers of garlic and streaks of bacon.


A bit of fresh rosemary here and there.


Roast in a medium oven.


Lovely...

No comments:

Post a Comment