Sunday, December 20, 2009

Have you ever thought of adding ground lamb to chili recipes instead of beef?

I tried it today and it was good. I dunno if I have heard of it before though.Have you ever thought of adding ground lamb to chili recipes instead of beef?
Yes I have used lamb in chili before. I have used a lot of different meat. One of my favorites is bison.Have you ever thought of adding ground lamb to chili recipes instead of beef?
i have done it it is great
I've never tried lamb, but I've used ground venison before. It makes a wicked good batch of chili, I'm here to tell you.





I was staying at a friend's house awhile ago, and I made a stock pot FULL of deer chili. I mean within an inch or two of the top. That was Friday evening. By the time I left on Sunday afternoon, they were scraping the bottom of the pot and arguing over who got the last few bites! ;-)





I'll have to give the ground lamb a try, too. Sounds like it has real possibilities!
You can add whatever meat you like,,they make turkey or chicken chili too. I like lamb so I would probably like it...funny we just had chili last night for supper....I even made the beans from scratch....of course,,I cheated and used a coarse ground beef....some people add smoked meats to thier chili.....
I've heard of it, and I love lamb, but never tried it yet. I know it works well in burgers and meatloaf, so why not chili? It has a more intense flavor than beef, which is a good thing. I'll have to remember to try it the next time we make a batch of chili.
That sounds GREAT, especially on a wintery day like today. It beats Deer meat, as my best friend's husband will have it no other way, and I am SICK of the taste of deer.
Any ground meat will work well, just a difference in the flavor of the finished product. I have made chili with pork, turkey and beef.
You might want to check out this free ebook with award winning recipes.
Lamb, venison would all be good ...even ground turkey beef works. It's fairly difficult to kill chili.
i haven't used lamb before but i have used ground Buffalo. this is a good choice for those of you who have cholesterol problems.
i have not tried lamb but i use ground pork and venison. there is hardly any fat in those meat. i will have to try the lamb one Day.
  • Cats
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment