Sunday, December 20, 2009

Is beef a good substitute for lamb in recipes?

I found a recipe using lamb that sounds really good, but lamb is insanely expensive where I live, and I'm on a budget. Can I use beef instead? That would save me several dollars a pound.


The recipe is Lamb Tagine (sort of a Middle Eastern stew). Is beef a good substitute for lamb in recipes?
Hey there, yes beef is a good substitute in tagines.


I quite often use it instead of lamb because we also have the same problem with the price of lamb.


Even the so called cheaper stewing cuts are priced through the roof. You may just have to adjust cooking times ever so slightly depending on your cut of beef but just try the meat throughout cooking until the required tenderness is acheived.Is beef a good substitute for lamb in recipes?
definitely, beef has tendered taste then lamp, and i like i most. Put some herbs to give it more complex, put some sage, rosemary, thyme. I already smell that wonderful meal.
I would if I was cooking
Yeh i like beef stew better than lamb.

No comments:

Post a Comment