Thursday, January 7, 2010

I'm looking for a recipe using lamb shanks and orzo (rice pasta).?

I'm sure it's a Greek recipe and it was on TV ages ago probably ';This Morning';. I've looked on the web but I can't find just the right one.I'm looking for a recipe using lamb shanks and orzo (rice pasta).?
Here is the most common one:




















2 tablespoons olive oil


3 onions, sliced


6 lamb shanks


1 28 oz can tomatoes


3 teaspoons oregano


Salt


Pepper


2 cups orzo


2 cups hot chicken stock





Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In large roasting pan drizzle oil and add onions. Place lamb shanks in pan. Cover with tin foil and roast for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and add tomatoes, oregano, a dash of salt and pepper. Toss ingredients to combine. Cover and roast for another 20 minutes. Remove from oven. Add orzo and heated stock. Cover and roast for another 20 minutes. Serve hot.





Frankly, I am not such a fan of the tomatoes but my other way is not as healthy. I replace them with small pieces of thick, peppered bacon that I cook to release the grease. In this, I sautee diced 1015 onions. and serve them as a compliment. A little aged balsamic vinegar is very nice with this.





Now I'm hungry.I'm looking for a recipe using lamb shanks and orzo (rice pasta).?
Thank you Texas Cowboy. Perfect! Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment