Thursday, January 7, 2010

Easter recipe ideas- something with lamb in it for an appetizer?

My family normally does leg of lamb for easter dinner but this year a different family member is cooking and she is making a ham. I want to find a way to bring a lamb dish in but as an appetizer. I don't want anything like ground lamb. Any ideas?!Easter recipe ideas- something with lamb in it for an appetizer?
Frikadeller with ground lamb instead of veal and pork, topped with mushroom gravy, apple sauce and fried onions.Easter recipe ideas- something with lamb in it for an appetizer?
Try Moroccan meatballs from the Williams-Sonoma cook book. If you can't find it online somewhere, e-mail me and I'll send it to you.


I guarantee it's just wonderful.
Lamb is pretty heavy and is does not generally make a good appetizer... but maybe it would work if you roasted it and sliced it really thin, like paper-thin, and put it on rosemary Triscuits with a crumble of feta. Yes, I think that would be yummy without being too much.





Or maybe you could make a carpaccio out of it. I'm not sure how that would be, but that's a meat appetizer.

No comments:

Post a Comment